Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another strategy lesson learnt

One of my friends said this --  share market se girte hue bhi paisa kamaya jaata hai aur uthte hue bhi..  It depends ..ki are you investing in share...  or just watching the moves ...

This gave me a new lesson for strategy.  As we always say and know that the Raison d'etre of any business is to earn money.  So it translates to Business level Strategy as

In Business money is made, both in the time of rising economy and in the times of declining economy.... It depend (matters)... Are you doing business or just watching the economy.

This comes fit in context of today's scenario in which the US economy is slowing down or may be better put, in a saturation level and Indian economy is on the uphill.  This is leading to strengthening of Rupee and also is giving more shivers for the service industry who are based ( tightly coupled ) on the Dollar price and US economies.

A detailed strategy should be made and I guess should have been made also thus far....  I will also give my views on the same ....

To learn from this thought I think all the service companies ( I am referring to our dear IT and ITES sectors ) whose scene has suddenly changed in the eyes of investors and the employees should also start understand and focusing that they have to do BUSINESS and not only watch the economy.

A detailed strategical analysis to follow soon ...... featuring ....

  • What levers to pull
  • What buttons to push
  • What outlook to carry
  • What mood to be set in the market
  • Who to lead and who to follow.

This will not be gyaan but also action ( Karma )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you have been particularly hit hard by the sub prime crisis;)

Nityn said...

Sub prime crisis is to start with but yes I would say that we are definitely hit in one way or the other. My IT stock portfolio is giving me issues too :).. The thing that follows is what to do and how to come out as a winner :)